Sports Premium Report 2020 - 21
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The Physical Education (PE) and Sport Premium is additional funding provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and goes directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of PE and sport for all children.
How much PE and sport premium did we receive?
We received £19,531 for the academic year 2020-21.
How have we spent the PE and sport premium?
- To increase levels of physical activity during school day.
- Hiring of Swift Road Sports Centre pitch to enable greater range of lunch time and break time physical activities.
- Provision of playground equipment in all playgrounds e.g. bats, balls, skipping ropes.
- To increase levels of physical activity outside school hours.
- Subsidising activity clubs to provide lunchtime and after school physical activity including dance club, fitness club, sport activities. Archery ‘taster session’
- To increase pupil participation in competitive sports.
- Membership of the Featherstone Sports Partnership.
- Entry into inter-school competitions.
A focus this year was entering a wide range of children of all sporting abilities into inter-school competitions.