Welcome to Dairy Meadow’s School Council
At Dairy Meadow, we value the voice of all particularly the children; they play an important role in making the school a better place for the pupils to learn, achieve and become good role models to the school and the wider community. The school council represents the whole school community
Our School Council aims to encourage our children to:
- Develop confidence and responsibility and make the most of their abilities
- Prepare them to play an active role as citizens
- Develop healthy, safer lifestyles
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people
- To have a “voice” and to share their opinions and ideas with others
- Plan and organise projects to lead and manage.
Class elections are held every year so that different representatives can put forward their election speeches as well as developing the full potential of the School Council to complete tasks. Two candidates will be elected from each class ensuring that a wide range of pupil voices are heard.
Our school council meets two to three times a half term with Miss Nessa regarding issues that affect our school community, feedback is then given back to their respective classes and discussed which is then raised and actioned in the next meeting.
Miss Nessa’s views:
I am very proud to lead our school council as the children at Dairy Meadow are extremely talented with amazing ideas. I am very fortunate to have children from Years One to Six who come prepared with topical issues and get involved in making decisions to improve our school community… making my job a lot easier!