Read Write Inc. Phonics
Pupils at Dairy Meadow Primary & Nursery School learn to read using the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme.
The programme is for:
- pupils in Year Reception to Year 2 who are learning to read.
- any pupils in Years 3, 4,5 and 6 who need to catch up rapidly.
In Read Write Inc. Phonics pupils:
• Decode letter-sound correspondences quickly and effortlessly, using their phonic knowledge and skills;
• Read common exception words on sight;
• Understand what they read;
• Read aloud with fluency and expression;
• Spell quickly and easily by segmenting the sounds in words.
For more information about Read Write Inc. and how you can help at home click here.
To find out how to pronounce the sounds your children learn in school click here.
For schools wishing to visit Dairy Meadow to see Read Write Inc. in action click here.